These are all the sweet Valentine's we got from family. Gretchen made the cute picture in the frame. We use it to write notes back and forth. Jake made one last year but when you throw your backpack around, glass will break. Mike and I gave the kids each a new Kendama. In the sweet cards from the grandparents the kids got money. And to my surprise, my sweet dad sent me a Valentine. He has done that since I was in the 6th grade. He keeps saying "That was the last year" but I am delighted each time I get one.
These flowers are a few of the Valentines that Gracie got at school. The crape paper flowers were given anonymously and the red rose was from a boy. Gracie gave a large Hershey's Kiss to a boy. She wanted to get the biggest one, but I told her she would have to sign her name if she wanted me to pay that much. So she went with a little smaller one and stuck it in his locker. She got Valentines from both of her Beehive leaders, one in the mail & one in her locker. After school she stayed for a stomp. I think she had a pretty good 7th grade Valentine's Day.
Gretchen's little friend was making a "mailbox" Valentine box and told Gretchen that she could N.O.T do the same thing. Obviously the Momma Bear came out and we had to do one better. We went with this cute hot air balloon style Valentine basket. We had to make a few modifications, but it went together so slick and I think she was tickled with the outcome.
Jake went snowboarding with a friend the night we made Valentine boxes so I just made his. He had already made a "backpack" he thought would work but we couldn't paint over the duct tape so we needed to make another. I used his original design and added a few touches. I think he would have like to make it himself but we had all the supplies out, I was on a roll and it was due the next day.


No comments:
Post a Comment