Heidi, Taleese & Mindy threw me the sweetest baby shower. I was embarrassed about having a shower, but they wouldn't take no for an answer. I could not feel more blessed. I was so honored to have so many come and support me. The night was lovely and the decorations and food were incredible.
After Heidi chopped up her hands with her cute new knives and had a little fight with some potatoes, there was a menu change. Sherry, Emily and Heidi made these crazy yummy salads. The food was so good it was hard to stop eating.
I don't have any idea how I would have even started preparing for a little one. People gave me things I had not even thought about but will most definitely need.
Gretchen enjoyed opening all of the gifts. I think she let Gracie and I each open one.
Gracie and Ella sat in this chair all throughout the present opening and would ask Gretchen to turn around and show them what she opened. It was so funny. I really have to say that having a baby shower with your older daughters is better than having your first shower. It was so fun to share this with my girls. I loved watching the get excited.
Mindy thought it would be funny to "get real" and show me just how tiny this little boy will be. It makes me just a little nervous.
Rio and Addy made the trek up. I really appreciated the support, I know that was a long drive.
My cute granny, mom & sisters. So fun to have them there.
Miss Gretchen couldn't keep her hands off these mustache suckers. I think she had 5.
My cute friend Amity.
All these sweet baby gifts have really got our family excited. The morning after the shower Gretchen was sitting on the floor looking at the baby stuff. I went downstairs and started some laundry. I hollered for her to come down and help me. She said she was busy. She does a lot in the morning (makes crafts, draws a picture for her teacher, bosses Jake around...) so I figured she might actually be busy. When I came up, she was sitting in the same place with baby clothes all around her. "Mom, I don't know what happened, but I just can't wait to hold this baby!"
When I had Gretchen I was planning on having another baby. I was sure that within a couple of years we would have another. It never really occurred to me that she would be the last. After 8 years, I knew it was over.
Having this baby has been so different, know it will be the last. I enjoy every little move. I can't wait to hold him but I will miss this stage too... not enough to have another.





















2 comments:
What a lovely shower. Great setting for it too! Very fancy. You have nice friends and family!
Wish I could have been there. :(
That shower looks absolutely AMAZING! So excited for you and can't wait until this little guy is here. Love you!
Post a Comment