Time Out For Women & Girls 2013

Gracie & I were invited to Time Out for Women & Girls. We went with Stacie & Cambry Call. Stacie has gone several times but it was our first time. I am so glad they invited us. It is not something I would have been brave enough to try on my own.
Friday night we drove up to Logan. We checked into our hotel and grabbed some dinner at Kneader's. Alyson, her mom and SIL Carolee were there as well. They saved us some seats. We are lucky they did because every seat was sold out. It was a packed house. The girls went into another conference room and had their own speakers & musical guests. When it was over for the night, we had to go round up our girls. They had taken great notes but were waiting for autographs. We took a few pictures and then went back to the hotel.
These are the girls of Mercy River. Gracie had to get their CD. Below is a picture of the girls with Carmen Rasmussen, a contestant on American Idol and Sandra Turley who played the part of Cosette in Les Miserables on Broadway in NYC. What great examples of celebrated women with strong testimonies.
Friday night once we all got into bed, we had the girls read us from their notes and share their thoughts. It was a fun momma moment. I was so pleased with what they had learned.
On Saturday we did more of the same. All the speakers were fantastic and I really enjoyed myself.
After it was over, we went shopping. On the way home I threw up all over Stacie's car and myself. She had to pull over and while she cleaned up her car and Cambry helped me, Gracie gaged. I was so embarrassed. I had no warning and couldn't stop. I had to change my clothes on the side of the road. Good thing it was dark and good thing I had other clothes. I felt so bad. Next time I will have to drive because we are definatly doing that again!!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

So glad you got to enjoy this. I always loved the spiritual uplift similar events gave me too! Fun for Gracie too!