On the first day of school I couldn't find my camera. Oh well, that morning is always too busy for pictures. This year Gracie is in 7th Grade, Jake in 4th and Gretchen in 3rd. Max is in utero ;)
Gracie and I went to registration. It was very hot and no one was serving Pepsi to parents. I will talk to the PTA about that. It was incredibly hot and maybe a bit ridiculous. I would be in the middle of a sentence about her schedule and Grace would just walk away to visit with a friend. She giggled about everything and could not stay focused. We were finally able to open her locker and find all of her classes. She has darling friends and several in each of her classes. On the first day of school she tried out for NOJH girls softball. We are so proud that she made it. She really enjoys softball and is the only 7th grader on the team. She is taking German and Honors Math. She is quite scattered, but seems to pull off good grades even with wrinkled assignments. I hope she can keep that up with 7 classes.
Jake started 4th Grade with Mrs. Pacheco. He was a little nervous about the 4th grade because the teachers are strict. We had a talk about why a teacher would get mad and what is expected in class. I said if you are doing what you are supposed to, you won't have any problems. So far so good. He has quite a few friends in his class.
Gretchen started the 3rd grade and has the same teacher Jake had last year. She was really excited to be in Mrs. Anderson's class. I think Mrs. Anderson is in for a real treat. Can you imagine having Jake and then Gretchen? What a difference! Anyway Gretchen was delighted that the first week was filled with art projects. She had a swollen eye due to allergies. She was not interested in going to school but remembered that it was pen pal day and got right over her inhibitions. For over a month she has been a bit discouraged about having to go to school on her birthday. It turned out to be great. She got to wear a birthday hat and some glasses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the school picture! Also so happy for Jake and Gretchen that they had wonderful birthday celebrations!
I had Mrs. Pacheco in 3rd grade. I liked her a lot. I had her with Mrs. Aaberg.
Post a Comment