The Draft

Today Emily had Gretchen "tend" Kaleigh while the older kids went swimming for the parks program. I am not sure about everything that went on there, but Emily said Gretchen drilled Steve about girls camp and his planning. She also said something about Gretchen eating a bunch of fruit at the Honda dealership.
Mike was so busy with work that he asked Emily to take Jake and Gracie home with her after swimming.
She kept them until I got off work.

She invited us to join them for the draft party at the Junction. Mike was still working so we went. When we got there, it was hot and a little chaotic. Emily said, "This might not be one of my good ideas." Emily takes me on a lot of adventures that take me out of my comfort zone. When it is all said and done,
I am glad I go.

Weber State and the local business made it fun. We got t-shirts, clips, WSU claws and Damian face/fans. There was a big screen in the court yard and the Mega Plex opened their big theater for viewers. It was cool in there, so that is where we watched. I don't know much about basketball, but I am always up for an outing.

After, we went to Sonora Grill and had dinner. For dessert we had their ~grilled corn on the cob with cotija cheese~ YUM.

Emily, thanks for watching my kids, thanks for teaching them to weed & thanks for the invite.

1 comment:

emily ballard said...

Haha. I'm glad you let me talk you into doing things. And guess what? Your pictures turned out better than mine.

But you forgot to talk about my favorite part. . . when the reporter stuck her microphone in those basketball players' faces and they could barely form sentences. Rachel and Lucy have been mimicking that poor little sister for days.