I also finished framing my magnet board. Mike hung the hooks and now the kids hang their jackets and backpacks on our organization station:) I love that they always know where their stuff is each morning. Crazy that it is right in the kitchen, but that is where we do homework, sign permission slips and clean out folders. We have 2 monthly calendars in the Family section. Each of the kids have a section where I put their important papers and then a "show & tell" area where they can hang the things they are proud of. Obviously Gretchen is very proud of her new found turkey talent:)
She draws me a "book" of turkeys at least once a day. Here are 3 from yesterday. She made them while she was home from school, sick.
This other picture is from Jake. He drew it for Gretchen when he was supposed to be getting ready for school. Incase you can't tell, it is a picture of Gretchen throwing-up into her silver "throw-up bowl". Sometimes when she is sick she wears her throw-up bowl on her head so she always has it with her. That makes me happy. I know it is sick, but it is not like she isn't already contaminated and this way, I don't have to clean up a mess.
*********
Speaking of accomplishments, I am always bookmarking blogs that have cute things I want to try with (or without) my kids. I finally tried a few.
During the last session of conference the kids and I went crazy making these pom-pom spiders. I used to make pom-pom poodles with my mom so it was nostalgic for me. We hung spiders from the light in the kitchen and in the doorway. Gracie made a spider and hung it from the light in her room too. She named her spider Marie. Our spiders remain unnamed.
(In the background, you can kinda see one of the doors I stained)
Lindsey and I mod podged these pumpkins. We actually made about 7 mod podge pumpkins. We gave away the cutest ones.
We painted the polka dot one white before we mod podged it. We did another damask pumpkin that was painted white and I liked it better, but we wanted to see what it would look like with the orange showing through.
Anyway, I have not used mod podge for a long time, but I will be doing it again soon.
I tried making a bracelet out of candy pumpkins, dental floss & ribbon. It turned into a garland and was not as easy as I had hoped. I made some Reeses Peanut Buttercup cookies too. Looked super yummy, but not as delicious as I had hoped. I am going to try out some pumpkin pancakes and spiderweb syrup because I love Halloween and Halloween crafts.

9 comments:
Again jealous! I love make the poodles with mom and I have wanted to make those spiders. Unfortunately it would just be me and I would be sad with out my girl. (she has a busy social life (which is a good thing)
By the way I LOVE the paint. Now I just need to come see it in person.
you have accomplished a lot. You can come over and accomplish at my house any time.
I love love love your new creations. I seriously need to take some lessons from you on redecorating.
When are you coming to do my house?? Love it all!
I love the paint colors, and those pillows are so cute. Love the pumpkins too. Good job!
Your house is so so cute. I need to come see it in person. Also, i have some really cool ghost crafts if you are interested. I made them today with my sister and they are super easy and turn our really cute. Let me know if you want the directions. We even spoke of your cousin craft days while making our ghosts.
That magnet board is AWESOME! I might be stealing that idea. Oh let's face it. I am about as un crafty as they come. Can I just buy one from you? OR you can 'give it away' like the pumpkins. Just sayin... ;)
Love the phone too, by the way!
Love your choice of color. I also LOVE that magnet board!! Did you make that? I also think you should share the link of how to make the pom pom spiders. :)
I love your house!! Please come decorate mine!! I need HELP! I love the halloween decorations, they are so fun!
Post a Comment