For 10 years we have talked about Christmas lights. The kids may or may not base the love of their father on weather or not he puts up Christmas lights. They may or may not have gotten that idea from a loving mother who would like to see them guilt their father into Christmas lights. He never has. He will not. He says things like: We will drive around and enjoy the lights that others put up, I will die if I get on the roof and fall because I was putting up Christmas lights, Christmas lights cost too much money! You get the idea. This year, not a full 24 hours after the last excuse, he did it. He put up Christmas lights. Technically he had to wrap his precious Arboravitae trees to protect them from the harsh winter elements, but he chose to do it with Christmas lights instead of string.
He does love them, his lucky children, he LOVES us all!!
Tonight he even put up the christmas tree and fixed the lights. He sat right by us while I let the kids, that is right I said let the kids, help decorate the christmas tree.
8 comments:
Wow that looks great. It will be weird though when Mike still wants the trees tired up in February and your the only house in Utah that still has lights. Great job letting the kids help. love ya!
When Dean was putting the lights on our tree he told me he wished I was like my mom and didn't let anybody touch the tree so he didn't have to help. I told him to let me have a fake tree and then I would be a perfectionist so maybe if you get a real tree from the mountains you won't care about how it looks and you will make the kids decorate it with no reservations. Just an idea... or maybe my misery just wants company.
Yeah for you! After 10 years I finally have given the job to Maddie. It is a big step. The outside lights look great. Congratulations! It is still an argument (discussion) at this house.
Your so funny. and Congrats on the christmas lights, way to go!
ha i love it! they look great!
What?! My friend angela let her kids decorate her tree? I am amazed my friend, AMAZED! Yeah for mike putting up the Christmas lights. Better late than never, Right?
Yay! I don't know if I am more impressed that he put up lights or that you let your kids help decorate your tree. Ross makes me let Anna and then when they both go to bed, I go redo it. I am not going to lie... I twitch inside until I can go fix it.
I thought I already posted a comment on here. Either I'm losing my mind, or you felt the need to delete it. Neither of those scenarios work out very well for me.
Post a Comment