Christmas Vs Economy

Okay so the other day I was talking to the kids about the economy. I was explaining how there is just not as much money as last year. They explained that is was not really a problem because Santa makes his toys. I explained that they both knew that some things he has to buy & that he doesn't make as many toys as he used to. I said that if they wanted wooden toys then they could have as many as they want, but that unless they were wooden they would only get to pick one special thing. A couple of days later, Jake was asking about some Healy's (the shoes with wheels) He said, "well, I can't get thoes for Christmas" I asked him why not & her replied, "Well, I don't want them in wooden!"

5 comments:

Chelsie said...

ha so clever, i love it

Megan said...

Come on now, don't your kids know you work at the bank and about CD's you can dedicate just to Christmas ;) That Jake is pretty funny. Way to get your kids to really think about the presents they want and condense that Christmas list. Ross wants Healy's too..what? You didn't know my husband was 10?

Trisha said...

Wooden heelys would be unique, just like that darling Jacob. Thanks for the idea of the $ discussion with the kids. I need to do the same so they aren't dissapointed.

The Hicken's said...

Ang, where are you? I miss you. I love reading the stories about your kids. I miss hearing you tell them though, you do such a good job at it!

The Mrs said...

He is so clever! I wrote a story about him by the way :D