Christmas Dilemma

Last night Gracie was telling us what she wanted for Christmas.  She was looking at the American Girl site and we were talking about this hat. Mike came in, saw the hat & asked "isn't that one of thoes snotty, girls that make fun of other girls,
hats?"
Gretchen pipped up "I'm a snot, cause my nose is always running!"

So this morning after trying to make some decisions with Mike about Christmas, I asked Gracie if that is what she really wanted.  I expressed some concerns like:

You cant really hold the doll.
Do you want the doll because of the outfit?
Do you just want the dress for yourself?
Do you just want the hat?
Do you want a porcelain doll?
Do you want to get doll clothes for your birthday & then hope you will get the doll for Christmas?
She interrupts & says "I know what I want for Christmas, you are just making me confused!"

9 comments:

Megan said...

That doll is cute. The outfit/hat is cute. She can totally hold that doll - I played with my Samantha all the time and even had some clothes like her - so tell Mike it is not for 'snotty' girls ;) Just get her the doll. DO IT! DO IT! :)

Chelsie said...

haha, it's true...each of us had our own american girl doll and since my mom has put our old movies on dvd it's been funny to go back and watch our Christmases when all we got were clothes for our dolls and AG clothes for us...too funny. I love your new hair cut ang!! you look so cute with short hair, and that pic does look like you...kinda creepy...i've yet to find my double..

The White's said...

Im confused, what are you going to get her?

Anonymous said...

FYI Maddie wanted these dolls for years....it was not until she was 10 that she finally gave up. At age 11 I started buying her porcelain dolls. They are not the high priced expensive all porcelain dolls, only their feet, hands, and the head are porcelain. Fortunately I have been lucky enough to find them cheap but beautiful, (this does require me to keep looking through out the year). Personally I would wait. She got a doll last year that she really did not play with (I could be wrong). What she needs is crafts, books to color in, and more crafts.

p.s. I have probably spent around $75.00 total on 2 dolls and I think that the American Dolls are over $100.00 for one.

Blake and Jessica said...

I never had an American Girl doll, but I always wanted one. My Grandma collected Madame Alexander dolls and on our birthday we got to pick one from her collection. I never got to hold or love those dolls, they were just to look it, but now I have 10+ Madame Alexander dolls that I cherish.

Poulsen Family said...

Don't worry kenna wants the kit doll. And she totally has Kate convinced on the baby American girl dolls. So I'm giving in. Plus the other gift that she is giving up is a Nintendo ds. Which is way more expensive, so I'm fine with it.

Jen said...

First of all Angie, I love your posts. They always make me laugh. I love your new haircut, and you always have the cutest hair. Also, you DO look like that girl on the poster, funny.

I love the cat rhyme. I like Gretchen's version and way to confuse your daughter on what she wants for Christmas. Just get her the dang doll!

Trisha said...

Here is the thing about buying kids toys...

Most toys that kids get will be played with for a few weeks and then forgotten about for a while. I have found this to be the case with most toys, so you might as well get her something she really wants. Besides that, it is super cute and I really can see her playing with that doll for a while. Her & Sara's idea of playing with a doll is to carry it around, let it sit cute on the table while they color, pose them and take pictures like a photographer with Sara's camera.
Did any of that make sense or did I just ramble on pretending I knew what I was talking about?

Wait, I just had a thought. Maybe you shouldn't get her the doll because then little Miss Sara is going to want one just like it :)

Hope these thoughts make the decision a little easier :)

Brittany said...

Hey Ang I'm glad we could talk today!! I love reading all of your posts. I need to be better like you. Miss you guys!!