Tooth Fairy

Jake lost his second tooth yesterday.  Actually, he had me pull it out & didn't make a peep.  I didn't think it was ready, but he held still & let me give it a second go.  Around 11 I realized "Jake lost a tooth" I had to take some quick action.  I searched every nook & cranny for some spare change.  I tiptoed down stairs and was a little concerned that I would not be able to locate the small tooth.  Lucky for me my boy is thoughtful.  I lifted up the corner of his pillow to find a balled up sock.  I was not sure this was the stash, but much to my relief out rolled a little tooth.  I had to concentrate to keep the giggles under wraps.  I dropped the coins into the sock and made my escape!
This morning, Grace was helping Jakers count his coins.  He brought me in a little baggie of pennies.  Gracie had even labeled it with his name & the amount 20 cents.  I asked him where the dollar was.  He replied with confidence that Gracie was holding that for him.  I counseled him to never let a woman "hold" his money & Mike seconded the motion. He and both of the girls settled back into our bed for some family bonding.  Jake was delighted with his coins and so I posed this question?  Coins? How does the Tooth Fairy fly with coins.  The response was astounding!"Mother, she has a machine.  It is like a dump truck.  She drives it over to your house,  comes in to see how much to give the child, flies out & gets it from her truck & she is off."  My dear, dear Gracie, you had me in stitches!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh man. That is seriously the funniest story/explanation I have ever heard. I want to have an imagination like that again - what would it be like??

The White's said...

That is AWESOME!! Gracie is the best. I can't even think of a better pic for this blog post....great job