Letting Go


I hate that Gracie is getting older. I have been fighting this for 3 months. It took me 3 or 4 times of driving her around the block & showing her how to walk to & from piano lessons. Then I let her give it a try. I followed her, sent her with a cell phone & then came home & waited impatiently. Today I let her ride her bike. It just seems so much more dangerous. I can just see her going so fast & forgetting to look. With walking at least there is time to think. Oh sigh, look at her go...

11 comments:

The White's said...

She looks BIG. It kinds makes me sad. But she is in 2nd grade, and she can do it.

The White's said...

Love the new layout, everything is bigger and I can see it all. Maybe it was the layout that made Mike's birds look so big. Maybe he only killed little birds, and you had to change all of your blog just to make his dead birds look bigger, well it worked.

The Mrs said...

I could just see you stalk your poor daughter all the way to piano. What a growing moment for Gracie.. AND for mommie. haha gotta cut the cord sometime I guess. I just think your Gracie is darling!

Chelsie said...

ah i'm going to be the same way i know it....i'm going to be a nervous nellie when coop gets bigger. i love that gracie soaks her vampire teeth at night, ha that is hilarious

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the hardest part of being a mom. This is something I have been facing for quite sometime and it never gets easier. You hope that every time you send them out the door that they will return home to love you. Good Luck! It is so hard allowing them to have their independence.
Love, em

lutu's said...

i saw your cute sister at costco today with her cute new baby i cant remember if her name is abby or addy...i love your blog it is so funny and cute and fun i am loving my new job to answer your last comment. one million times better i hope you are doing good and having a good fall...i love this time of year

Trisha said...

Wow, you have done a ton of new posts. They are so fun. It is deffinately a challenge to see the kids growing so fast.

Anonymous said...

(At least you know she can handle Washington Boulevard.)

Anonymous said...

It made me sad to see that picture too. I hope we have many more babies coming to our family. Love mom

amity said...

i am so proud of you!! you are an amazing mother and you have done an incredible job raising your children.

momof5monkeys said...

It is hard to do...wait until she starts Junior High..it's brutal! You're awesome!