Comp Basketball

Jake is on a comp team for basketball. His friend Keaton's dad got a team together this year. I didn't know it was a comp team or I would have hesitated. I worry about the pressures of comp teams, but Keaton's dad and grandpa are great coaches. They practice with the boys once a week and they are teaching them some good skills. Jake seems to be enjoying himself. He really liked picking out shoes, socks and shorts. Too bad he picked orange shorts and the jerseys are red. Oh well, he is happy. I had Gretchen take a few shots of the game she went to. Action shots are hard to take so the pictures are a little fuzzy.
On Monday night Angela Wirick came to Utah for work. We all got to together for dinner and Family Night. After, Steve and Emily's family and Aunt Angela came to watch Jake's game. He rode to the game with Mike and I, the girls rode in Angela's rental car because it was a convertible. Anyway, he was cracking me up. He was talking about the pressure being on with all these people coming to watch him. When we pulled up, he clapped his hands together and said, "Alright, let's get this done!"
He loved all the support. Thank you all for coming.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Go Jake! Have fun!