She Makes me Giggle

Gretchen: If you could make a Fruit Roll-up with your name on it, that would be awesome.

Me: I think you can. I tried it once on the Internet.

Gretchen: Well, my Fruit Roll-up would have to be huge, Gretchen Eva Ballerina.

Me: Yeah, Gretchen Eva Ballard is a long name.

Gretchen: Yep, Gretchen Eva Ballerina.

Me: Luly, you know that is not your name right? (I call her that cause it rhymes, but I say it a lot)

Gretchen: What? It isn't?

Me: No, It isn't. It is Gretchen Eva BALLARD.

Gretchen: (chopping the side of her hand in the palm of her other hand with each syllable) I thought it was Gretch-en, E-va, BALLARD, RINA.

~As long as I am at it, I will post a few other funny things she has been saying~



For her birthday she wanted a hampsturd. When we said it correctly, she still didn't hear the difference.








Another time we were talking about the kids taking Hunter's Education. She called it "Safe-ter Hunt-y".


One night we dropped Mike, Gracie and Jake off at Archibald's to do some target practice. Mike asked Luly if she wanted to stay but she confidently explained that she was a "Girly-girl" and would not be participating.
~Mike thinks I filled her full, but I swear I didn't. She is darling but she talks a lot so I would have enjoyed some time alone had she wanted to go with her dad~
Anyway, when we drove away, she asked if it was a "girl thing" to ride bikes. I told her it was. Then we talked about the new bike that she got for her birthday and how it was really girly. Then I said if you want a real girly bike you should have gotten a cruiser bike.
{I did try to get interested in one of them but she said her arms were to short to reach the handles on a bike like that...}

She quickly retorted "What? NO! I am not going to carry an "old lady cat" in the basket.
Let's be honest, wouldn't you think that would be a selling point for Gretchen?

2 comments:

Fox said...

Dean and I were laughing way hard. She is funny; actually all your kids are.

Megan said...

Bwahaha. I love it. Evan is that way. Even when we say things slowly he still says it the way he hears it. And I like it to much to really care :)