Fishing not Catching


Mike's friend Blake Gibson "Gibby" took us out on his fishing boat. He may have invited Mike, I may have invited the rest of us? Gibby is a good sport so we all went to Willard. Someone thought I ought to be able to drive a boat. Everyone told me to just make straight passes over the island. Most of them lost their planer board 2 times each. All of them made fun of me when I couldn't drive that boat within 5 feet of the said planer boards. Blake said that if there was a barrel racing for planer boards I would win. I figured out how to get the planer boards and they figured out it was best not to use them.
 Mike Ballard and his kids use a lot of mosquito repellent. I guess if you spent enough time in Plain City you are not as bothered by bugs. Gretchen was pretty tickled with herself for "holding it" the whole boat ride.
We might have caught some fish if: 
A) If I had understood where the island was
B) If I had any idea how to drive a boat
C) If Mike and Blake would have just let me pass on the North side of the buoy
I bet that is where the fish were. 
~Good time either way~


2 comments:

Fox said...

I really like boating so I'm super jelous that I wasn't on this outing. I'm glad you guys do cool stuff!

Anonymous said...

I've been writing all these comments on all you kids blogs and now I find out they are not sticking. So I'm trying to repeat. Anyway I think your kids need to keep a diary of all the fun you have together. Love mom