Mike used to invite me to go ice fishing. I used to go with him a lot. The other day he invited quite a few people to go ice fishing. Then when Emily called to ask me about it, it was news to me. I asked him why he didn't invite me or even tell me about it. He said that I had not shown any interest in ice fishing for a long time. Maybe he is right, but we have always had little kids... Now they are big so I might rekindle my interest.
This is actually the only ice fishing that Jake did. He was really busy on the shore, in the trees, in the mud, saving Dallin's life (it was life-thretning when Dallin was caught waist deep in the mud) , playing soldiers, playing with the other boys, and swining from the jungle gym in someones yard.

Mike is always so good to teach people. He spent the entire time keeping the lines at the right spot, moving the fish finder and baiting the hooks. He enjoys sharing his hobbies.

We went with Gibby, Dallin and Gibby's friend from work. He brought his two boys. Steve brought Rachel, Lucy & Adam.

I was suprised how focused Lucy stayed the entire time.

I love these shots of Rachel. She was so funny to watch catch a fish. She and Adam really enjoyed looking at their fish. They sepnt quite a bit of time talking about the dead fish, touching them and naming them. Adam kept saying that he wanted Rachel to catch him another one so he could have it for a pet. He did clarify that after he ate it, he would take away the name.


Adam only ran from the fish because Rachel was chasing him. He was not afraid of the fish at all.

I got this shot to prove that Gracie caught a fish and her dad did help her. She might have been a little jealouse of him sharing his attention.
These shots of Gretchen crack me up. They might be even funnier because her hair was such a mess and maybe because when your little your snow clothes are even puffier.

She like to go icefishing and she likes to catch fish and she will even hold her fish up for a picture, but there has to be a very safe distance between her and the fish. She has never liked them to get too close. I was glad I got this on camera....

....because she does NOT like to be on camera.

This is actually the only ice fishing that Jake did. He was really busy on the shore, in the trees, in the mud, saving Dallin's life (it was life-thretning when Dallin was caught waist deep in the mud) , playing soldiers, playing with the other boys, and swining from the jungle gym in someones yard.

Mike is always so good to teach people. He spent the entire time keeping the lines at the right spot, moving the fish finder and baiting the hooks. He enjoys sharing his hobbies.

We went with Gibby, Dallin and Gibby's friend from work. He brought his two boys. Steve brought Rachel, Lucy & Adam.

I was suprised how focused Lucy stayed the entire time.

I love these shots of Rachel. She was so funny to watch catch a fish. She and Adam really enjoyed looking at their fish. They sepnt quite a bit of time talking about the dead fish, touching them and naming them. Adam kept saying that he wanted Rachel to catch him another one so he could have it for a pet. He did clarify that after he ate it, he would take away the name.


Adam only ran from the fish because Rachel was chasing him. He was not afraid of the fish at all.
I got this shot to prove that Gracie caught a fish and her dad did help her. She might have been a little jealouse of him sharing his attention.
These shots of Gretchen crack me up. They might be even funnier because her hair was such a mess and maybe because when your little your snow clothes are even puffier.
She like to go icefishing and she likes to catch fish and she will even hold her fish up for a picture, but there has to be a very safe distance between her and the fish. She has never liked them to get too close. I was glad I got this on camera....

....because she does NOT like to be on camera.
Yes, yes I do like ice fishing. I hope he invites me again.
4 comments:
O that looks so fun! Mike is really good to teach people and is so patient. I remember a lot of fishing trips with Mike. He taught me to gut a fish… I’m not sure why I wanted to know how to do that let a lone actually do it, but I did, and I hope it was the first and last time I ever have fish guts under my thumb nail. (I’m shivering just thinking about it). Anyhow that Ice looks way to thin to be standing on, I’m not totally convinced that is a safe hobby. But I’m not saying that if you invited me I wouldn’t come.
It was so fun to see all the pictures. I kind of felt like I was there except for it hot here and cold there. Love Mom Great Post Great seeing you all together.
I thought I already left a comment on here, but I guess it didn't actually post. Thanks for the good times. And thanks for all of the great pictures. It's almost like I was there. Except I didn't have to wake up early or get cold :)
P.S. We owe you a new fishing pole.
I am sorry. But that just does not look like fun to me. I hate the cold. You are raising some troopers. lol. I am a wuss.
Post a Comment