
Gracie was able to sing with the children's choir for the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference. She had to wear very specific & very plain clothes. There were a lot of restrictions. She had amnditory practices for six weeks. She had to be there at 8 in the morning for the practice the week before. They left at like 9 that morning and didn't get back until about 6 that night. They only got one meal and 2 packs of fruit snacks the entire day. We looked for shirts all over and ended up buying xs ladies dress shirts. The whole thing was a really big deal and took a lot of self-mastery for Gracie and me. Anyway the rules were all about sitting quietly for 2 solid hours. I knew that Gracie could do anything she set her mind to so I wasn't worried. Now with that being said, I only found her in that large group because I saw these long legs swing around and then fold up under this girl. She actually didn't sit as still as I thought she would. My friend Heidi said not to be too embarrassed as long as they didn't move her she was fine. Anyway her position made it easy for us to tell people where she was sitting so they could watch her. They told the kids that if they did have to go to the bathroom during the session, they would not let them back in. Of course Gracie had to go. Then she used her key skills of manipulation to trick the lady into letting her back in. She told her "My Grandma & Grandpa are in Africa serving a mission and I would really like for them to see me." ...they let her in!
She is the one in the purple on that top corner of the middle section.
No comments:
Post a Comment