Craft Day Returns

After a four month hiatus, Craft Day is back. We did 2 crafts in one night just to start off on the right foot.
Last year, we decorated bikes the old fashioned way, with rolls of crepe paper. But now that I am an expert wrapper of all things broken and burned, I had this idea to use Coban wrap to decorate the bikes. It stays just where you put it!
Last year we also let the kids decorate their bikes, this year, Emily & I took over. A little embarrassing, but Coban is obviously more than crepe paper & it may have been a good excuse to decorate them our way??? I didn't take any pictures, but Emily did.
When we finally finished wrapping all of the bikes, we decided that next year,
they are going to ride scooters in the parades.

Then we finally did the glass etching for the time capsules. We have had this on the docket for months. Before we started, we warned the kids that they could die if they touched the cream. Some opted not to even touch the paintbrush (the threat may have been a bit extreme). We applied the vinyl stickers and covered them with glass etching cream, waited five minutes, washed them off and, voila, Personalized Time Capsules.

No comments: