Christmas Day 2010

The kids & Mike each got a Nintendo DSI & a game. Gracie also got the new Taylor Swift CD, Jake got another StarWars guy and Luly got more Squinkies.

Christmas morning at our house was "grown-up". I didn't invite anyone over for breakfast because I thought that with the kids Christmas being electronic, that it would be lame. My mom and dad came (A Grandpa Denton & Grandma AldaLee Hall tradition) When they got there I was making Mike a quiche. I asked them if they wanted any and mom said that they had to hurry home because Emilee & Johnny were going to come to their house for breakfast. I hurried and called them & invited them over. I apologized for not inviting them due to our kids growing up. Emilee was so funny. She asked, "Why would we want to stay home for our own lame Christmas?" I guess there are only a few crazy fun years,
however, this year ours was very pleasant.
Our parents celebrate Christmas on different days. The Hall's do Christmas Eve and we spend every Christmas Day with the Ballard's. I love it this way.

We joined the Ballard's for a lovely Christmas dinner. It was amazing. Gloria did the traditional "Thanksgiving" meal. I was so excited because I didn't get to eat real Thanksgiving because I was so sick.

We tried to dress a little fancy. Gretchen wore Gracie's Christmas dress from a few years ago. She kept talking about how she looked just like Christmas. Emily took a picture of her, I forgot my camera again. We stayed until after 8. It was fun visiting and playing games.

From Grandma & Grandpa, each of the kids got 2 more DSI games. Grandma gave each of the girls a cute purse made out of a tie. Jake got some Legos. Dave & Leslie had our family and they gave us DSI cases.

1 comment:

emilee said...

Thanks for the invite we had a great time.