Thanksgiving

This year was a little different than most. We were ready and on time. My food assignment was made in advance, so I think that made a BIG difference. This year we spent Thanksgiving with the Hall's. My cousin Stacy & her family joined us. I had a few bites and then took some medicine and went to bed. I had a migraine. I slept through most of dinner, the cute ornament painting craft & dessert. When I woke up, my cousins husband Mark, he is a chiropractor, adjusted my neck. He did Mike's & JD's too. That was a funny thing to do on Thanksgiving, but it worked out good:) After leftovers, we had the boys do some Indian leg wrestling and a little arm wrestling.

We went home a little early because I still wasn't feeling the best. A few days before I had gotten out all the Christmas decorations. We were going to decorate the tree and read a book. When Mike got the tree set up, half of the lights would not work. He spent over 2 hours researching on the internet and trying all the bulbs. I read a few of our Christmas books to the kids. Mike finally got the lights working with the Light-Keeper-Pro.

(It is a little gun that you can get at Lowe's or WalMart. You take out any bulb that is not working and shoot the gun into the socket. It shoots a charge through the cord and all the lights except for the ones that are out will come on. It is amazing and only about $20. Mike put it in a special bag with the extra lights & then took it and his drill out to the shed. We can no longer locate the Light-Keeper-Pro.)

Anyway, I think that all happened 4 or 5 days before Thanksgiving. The tree had remained undecorated and Gretchen could not take it. She asked me if she could decorate it about every hour from that day on.

Because I still didn't feel fantastic I told the kids they could decorate the tree when we got home if they didn't talk all the way home (give me a break, my head hurt) So we enjoyed a peaceful ride home, the kids got in their jammies & they decorated the tree themselves.

I was surprised how well they did. I have since "fluffed" the branches and added a few new decorations, but it turns out you can have a nice tree AND let you kids help. Who knew??

No comments: