Feeling Special

Emily won a gift certificate to stay at the Ogden Marriott before the end of the year. She was not feeling well, so she gave it to me and said I could use it any way I wanted. I thought of several ways I could use it or share it. I was talking to Mike about taking Jake & Jack and doing something special with just the two boys. Mike said "That is your problem, you think everyone needs to feel special."
I thought to myself, he is right. Then I told him about when I was little my mom would let one of us stay up and do crafts with her while the others had to sleep. We all enjoyed our special time alone. I told him how almost every other weekend I went with my dad to the livestock auction. I liked my one-on-one time.
I decided it was time Mike found out what it was like to feel special.



The Wirick's invited Jake to go to dinner and visit temple square with their family. That worked out perfectly, for Mike & I, The Wirick's, not so much. I already knew what it was like to take a bunch of kids to temple square, but 4 boys?? Thanks for taking him.




Granny Sharon took both of the girls for a night-over with Taylor & Kaitlyn.
Granny had to sleep on the couch right by them. They played Sorry and had a miniature tea party. They had hot cocoa and tiny french toast. Grandpa Bruce took them to get an icecream cone before going home.

Mike and I went to see True Grit. It is kinda fun to go to a movie where no one needs you to take them to the bathroom. After the show we went to dinner at Chick-Fil-A. It is one of Mike's favorite places. After that we rented a red box movie and went to the hotel. When we got there they upgraded our room. It was so nice. I had brought a few of Mike's favorite treats. We snacked on Thin Mint & Samoa cookies. I had bought some of the sparkling cider, but we didn't have a bottle opener. Oh well, we had a lovely evening together and even got to sleep in.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. I loved making Mike feel special. I love him so much.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wait. No children? Chick-fil-a AND sleeping in? I want to go to there!