SYTYCF 2






Last year my cute sister-in-law Aly, talked me into entering my handwriting in a font contest. I was incredibly skeptical. I actually ended up being one of the winners. Now my handwriting is one of Darcy Baldwins best selling digital fonts. It is sold here at Sweet Shoppe Designs. Click on the words to enter the store, on the picture to access my font at the store.






This year I thought it might be fun to enter again. Then I started doodling, writing in script, writing in shadowed letters and then I got frusterated. My handwriting is hard to duplicate because it changes depending on what word I am writing. So I gave up. Then on the very last night an hour before the contest closed, I geared up and did it. I still had anxiety (I guess that is how I roll) so I did 3 different types of handwriting on my sample. Here is the email I got back.

Hi, Angela,

Aly sent me your sample...and all I can say is, Yes, please ;) You win :)

I'd love to work with you again, Angela! I'm excited by all 3 of the samples...and I think they'd do great! You have an awesome hand!

Blessings--

Darcy Baldwin
*Custom Handwriting Fonts*
www.sweetshoppedesigns.com
http://darcybaldwin.blogspot.com/

Then I was really overwhelmed/excited. All 3? I had to write out all 3? I did it, it took me 3 hours or more, but I got it done. Here is the first of the 3.

Anyway, I am glad I did it and it will be fun to see when the other 2 come out.

9 comments:

Fox said...

That is so cool. My favorite is the characters after the alphabet, on each font. I wish I had cute handwriting, actually I think that it helps that I write sloppy because then you can't tell as much when I spell something wrong!

The Mrs said...

I love it. Could you come do a handwriting seminar in my classroom??? Miss you.

Breanne said...

Congrats Ma'am! Love it!

Karalee said...

Angela, I LOVE your first font! I use it all the time. I was talking to Alyson about how cute the new Me and My Shadow font is that day it was release at Sweet Shoppe and she told me it was yours too! Soo cute!! Congrats!

emily ballard said...

Congratulations. I do hope you can make a career out of your handwriting. Seriously, wouldn't that be cool?

So glad you buckled down at the last hour. I can be the same way, but mostly I'm just a really good procrastinator. That's probably why I am looking at blogs instead of being productive.

Heather said...

I am so excited! I love your first font I have used it for everything including wedding invitations and Christmas cards. I can't wait to see the other two.

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

You are so good!! I love your handwriting, you are very talented! I sure miss you.

Megan said...

Seriously. You amaze me. I want your handwriting. Are you saying that if I purchase it that it will morph my handwriting into yours? Now THAT would be cool!

Rebecca said...

I LOVE it! You rock the house! That is so cool and I need to buy your font...so awesome! I think it would be fun to get fonts made out of deceased grandparents handwriting...or would that be weird?