Sometimes taking a camera is just like having another kid. You have to worry about it, you have to stay behind it, protect it. You are so focused on it, you miss the fun. Occasionally, when we do fun things, I have to leave the camera home so I can enjoy myself. Good thing I don't have to pay a sitter.
I hope I never offend when I don't post something fabulous that someone else made possible for our family. Please take it as a compliment. I was so excited I just wanted to have a good time. Some of our best adventures are not photographed because we are busy making memories.
7 comments:
it sounds like there is some kind of story to be told here. did you do something really great and forget the camera or are you just trying to cover your bases? anyhow i completely understand how you feel especially with this crazy camera we decided to buy. it is insanely large and i am always crazy worried about it. we didn't even take it to lagoon because i didn't want to feel like i had to worry about another "kid." i love to read your completely honest posts like this. maybe it is because i can relate a little too much.
Hmmm. Maybe I don't want a new (larger) camera. You just saved me a lot of money.
I am the same way. That is why half the pictures on my blog are from my crappy cell phone and the other half are stolen from other people who were there. lol. I love Grethcen's bday party - that cake rocks. And I am such a micro manger when it comes to having kids help. I will blame Jane for that. I like that I can just pass that blame right along ;)
Very well put. I couldn't agree more!!
Um I guess I will no longer be offended that you never post about fun times with me at work. I miss you. Can we go to lunch please?
I half heartedly agree with this. If it wasn't for pictures I would not have memories brought back from when I was a little girl sitting on my grandpa's lap that I can barely remember now. We wouldn't have anything physical to hold with Grandpa Hall and Brody in it if I would'nt have taken pictures. I remember my wedding day, the day Brody was born and other special and momentous occasions in my life by reminiscing and looking at times past. High school dance photos, YW girls camps, sluffing school to go to Pineview all would be distant memories of a past life I had except to look through scrapbooks and relive those "wild days."
My camera is constantly with me, and granted it is rather small and compact but I have been surprised at the moments I want to capture of Brody and how they will pop up when I least expect it. I am always worried I am going to loose it, especially when I'm slow to get the pics on my jump drive but in the long run, I wouldn't want to chance missing out on remembering my sons life.
Just a thought...love ya. Wish Angela Ballard's House of Nails was still in business.
P.S. This comment went on really long because I've been up since 3:55 a.m. and worked 12 hours and am going off of 6 cans of Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, otherwise known as the Nectar of the Gods.
amen.
Post a Comment