
Gretchen has been turning
5 for a couple of months now. It started in July when she needed a bike to ride in the parade. So we bought her a bike for her birthday...
Birthday #1.
Then it was her turn to go shopping with Grandma & Grandpa Ballard.
Birthday #2. They ate at Javier's because that is Gretchen's favorite. She love her Chic-a-lada (a cheese enchilada) with rice & beans. After lunch they headed to Wal Mart to find the perfect gift. Gretchen needed a doll stroller. Once she found the stroller, she had to have the perfect baby. The perfect baby needed to be Baby Alive because that is the doll that Taylor has. That perfect baby needed a car seat and Gretchen just can't resist herself a little stuffed animal in a carry case. With the shopping out of the way so quickly, Grandma suggested an ice cream cone. Gretsie had no time for that. She needed to get straight home to play with her toys. She insisted that Grandpa Richard put that stroller together right away.
After her big shopping day, Gretchen & Jake had a party with the Ballard family. Birthday #3. She got a huge coloring book/paper doll house from the Steve Ballard family & a sticker, eraser, paper collection from Tyson & Karen.
And finally,
Birthday #4. We had a party with the Hall's. This is where she had her special cake from Trisha. Because Gretsie's loves animals, we choose a puppy. It was a HUGE hit. Grandma & Grandpa Hall gave Gretsie a new wallet and a "bunch" of dollar bills to put in it. Her first response was "Are these fake or real?" She has planned about a million things she is going to do with her "monies". Her favorite thing is to tell Gracie and Jake that it is not their business:)
I love the picture of her tearing into her gift. She had to wait for too long.

The other day, I took Gretchen and Baby Alive/Baby Ellie somewhere in the truck. Gretchen said "I am such a good mommy, I have her all buckled up."
I couldn't resist, I had to get her a few small things. I am a sucker for a "good mommy"
Funny thing was, today was her actual birthday. Except for telling her she was 5, it was a regular day. I felt bad that I had to work on her birthday, I have no idea why I didn't plan ahead. Maybe that is why we had so many parties. Either way, she is an adorable girl and we have enjoyed all 5 years.
We love you Luly.
1 comment:
happy, happy birthday gretchen dear!! we will have to get together and do something fabulous when addy manages to stop throwing up all over the place!!
Post a Comment