Gretchen has wanted a wig-uL-ee tooth for some time now. She once tried to loosen one by wrapping one of Jakes ropes around her tooth. She even tried to walk into a wall to loosen one, but her nose stopped her. On June 30th she found a wiggly one. She was having a night-over with Granny Sharon & called to share the news. Almost every morning since she has come into our bedroom to see if it was wig-ul-ee enough. Some mornings I said no, some mornings I gave it a good push and most mornings Mike told me to leave it alone:) This tooth was not one I really wanted out. We know I have a weakness for pulling teeth, but this one made me sad. She is my baby and I like her that way. I like that she gets in my bed almost every morning. I like that he skin is squishy. I like that she still lets me hold her and I ask her all the time not to grow up.
This morning the temptation won over the emotions. I pulled the tooth. She looks so grown-up. She said that after she looses 2 teeth she won't need her corners any more. I need her to need her corners. That is Gretchen, Gretchen and her corners. Here is a couple of cute shots right before (the tooth fairy comes) bed. Yes, her shirt is on backwards.
This is too funny not to share. Gracie lost 2 teeth not too long ago, due to conflicts with "night fright" I informed Gracie that the tooth fairy could not enter a locked room. She informed me (because she is 9 and 9 year olds are very, very wise) that the tooth fairy was small and kind and would surly make it into her room. I told her that the tooth fairy was not always kind and actually a little chubby and that she would have to make arrangements for the "visit" to happen. Writing a note and making a "hanging contraption" was her solution. I meant to take a picture and post each of those times, but it didn't happen.
Gracie was kind enough to write this note and build a "hanging contraption" for sissy as well.
I must also note that usually I buy the kids first tooth from them for $5 (the tooth fairy would only give them $2). Luly has been wanting the tooth fairy to come so bad, she wouldn't let my buy it. I guess we will she how many "pennys" she gets:)


6 comments:
Both a great note and contraption. I remember all the crazy ways I tried to get my teeth to fall out. My fave? Laying my mouth so that my teeth were on the lock on top of the door as we were driving down a bumpy road. It never worked either. Sigh.
HAHA, I love this little note and that she wanted pennies...
So cute. She was pretty darn excited. I think I heard everyone of the kids tell her, "you have already told us about your tooth a hundred times." She is darling and that note is priceless.
That is so dang funny and cute. Your kids are so dang cute, you don't need anymore cute kids:)
That is SO funny! Your kids are hilarious! Love it!
That note is CLASSIC. I love it.
Post a Comment