Impasse

impasse |ˈimˌpas; imˈpas|
noun
a situation in which no progress is possible, esp. because of disagreement; a deadlock : the current political impasse.
ORIGIN mid 19th cent.: from French, from im- (expressing negation) + the stem of passer ‘to pass.’

Gracie & Gretchen share a room. Gracie is scared that someone is going to break into our house and get her. Gretchen sleeps downstairs (per Gracie's request) "to protect Gracie".
Gretchen has most recently found herself afraid of getting stuck behind a door, most doors, any door.
So we find ourselves at an impasse.

2 comments:

The White's said...

where did you get the great pictures!! I love this post kind of, it is very SAD for your girls. I have not clue what you should do. At lest you know their fears so you can talk about it with them.

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Boy do I miss those days!! Just remember: This, too, shall pass. And when it does....someday, you're gonna miss this~

Blessings to you all..'specially to Gracie!!