Christmas 2009

Christmas this year was so pleasant. I was afraid that they would get up and see everything before waking Mike & I. Mike told me that he had blocked them off, but I must have had doubts. I woke up several times thinking that they were up. At 6:30, I could sleep no longer. I laid in my bed and waited for everyone to get up. The kids didn't get up until 8!! It was as bad as when I was little. If I had known what kind of barrier Mike had created,
I could have slept like a baby. Check out that force field.
I am not sure why I don't have a picture of Gretsie playing with her Zhu Zhu pets, but she loves them. Her favorite pet, was running low on battery power so it wouldn't go, she thought it was broken. She was nursing it back to health while the other 2 laid on the couch cooing. She hollered out "Shut those rats up, I am trying to get my hamster to sleep!"
She cracks us up.

This kid wanted skis so bad. He was very consistent about asking for them. I told him he would need to be old enough to drive himself before he gets them. He has a snow board and is pretty sure he is going to snowboard in the Olympics. So I guess he is pretty serious.
He got drums from Santa and he likes them. He didn't complain, so we'll call it a success. He does often report on
how much better he is getting. He liked them enough that we had to drag the entire set to Grandma Gloria's on Christmas day. He has already lost his drum sticks and has been playing with wooden spoons. What a professional.

Lindsey may have convinced Santa that a little artist such as Gracie, MUST have an easel for Christmas. Gracie has been creating ever since. She uses all the mediums (a fancy word for art supplies). Her daddy loaded her a YouTube video of Bob Ross so Grace would know just how to paint a "happy little tree". If you are lucky, she may paint a picture or several, for you. Below are a few shots of her in action. The portrait of Mike
was done pro-bono :)




It was a wonderful holiday.

8 comments:

Emilee Keyes said...

Skis? What an odd thing for someone who is 5 to ask for. Has he been skiing? I am so glad that SANTA finally caved and brought Gracie an easel. She has needed one for years. When I learned about Zhu Zhu pets I knew they would be something on Gretchen's list. However when I asked what she was getting she was sure it was an American Girl Doll. I am glad she more pets that do not need "constant" care. Merry Christmas. Now what did Santa bring you?

Fox said...

Sounds so fun! I'm excited to introduce Josie and Santa. However I'm sure Santa is enjoying the savings of her oblivion.

emily ballard said...

Those kids are so funny. Gretchen cracks me up. I would like to see the whole Zhu Zhu pet contraption.

Just think how much money Gracie can make off the neighbors from selling all of her paintings.

Breanne said...

So fun!! Maybe my "slow rat" can come play with yours!! Looks like it was a great day!

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

EIGHT O'CLOCK! That's torture. My parents let us wake them up at 5:30... and by that time, we'd already been laying awake in bed for 3 hours.

-c

Blake and Jessica said...

Love the picture of Mike, maybe she would be available to construct a Christmas card for us next year? My brother got a set of drums from Christmas one year, and speaking from someone who knows...I am curious as to how you thought this was a good idea. I hope you have layed guidelines/rules/timelines as to when, and at what hours he can bang on the drums. =)

Paige M. said...

Angie- I love your blog! Your kids are so stinking cute!

Megan said...

Anna didn't get up until 8 either and I was the one lying awake with excitement. lol. And I love the 'happy little tree' comment. Good times.