Probably Not.




Last night we were driving home pretty late. Jake asked why we had 9'oclock church. Gracie looked at him, groaned and replied, "Dugh, Jake, because of the song Seek the Lord Early..."
The rest of the song...



I’ll seek the Lord early while in my youth,

And he will help me to know the truth.
I’ll search the scriptures and find him there, Then go to our Father in fervent prayer.

I’ll seek the Lord early, and I’ll obey
His living prophets in all they say.
I’ll keep his commandments; his love will abound.
I will seek the Lord early, and he will be found.

Words and music: Joanne Bushman Doxey




Jake brings me this from his pirate holloween costume. He holds it up and asks, "Mom, do you think it would be okay if I wear this to church for my belt buckle, just once?"

9 comments:

emily ballard said...

So sorry for all of the comments. But those are both really funny. I love that boy of yours. And Lucy sure misses going to preschool with him.

Brittany said...

Jake is a crack up!! I think you should let him wear the belt buckle. ;) So when did you cute Gracies hair? Its way cute. It looks a lot darker in the picture below. Can't wait for Saturday!! What do you want to do?

Chelsie said...

haha, that is hilarious. did you let jake wear the belt buckle then? I can't believe all your kidlets are in school now. they're so cute

Emilee said...

Love it! I love how their thinking so basic and innocent. Unfortunately jr high is NOT that way :(

Taryn said...

You should definitely let him wear the buckle.

The White's said...

well you know if her asks :just this once: then he knows that he should not wear it.
as for your girl and her quick thinking, she gets that from you no no i mean me!

Jake and Alayna said...

So funny! 9 0'clock church is sooo much better than 1. That's one sweet buckle!

Amy said...

Hi, I thought I would comment here about the zebra hat you were talking about. I didn't know if you'd make it back to mine.
I would definitely be interested. send me a pic.

The White's said...

I love it! I can just see you at the table with Gracie and Jake doing HOMEWORK! I know your not too happy about it. Ahaha. I know my time will come, but I still think your picture at the top is funny. Im glad your at lest doing their homework.

Keep it up, it will just get harder so you might as well trick the family into thinking it is fun. Have candy while you do homework, and please send some to me!