The Dove Hunt

Gracie believed that she had an account at America First with $39. This is not the case. She did have an account, but I closed it and used the money for something or other (mother of the year, I know).
At our house we have a rule where you have to be 8 to have a b-b gun. This summer has been a little economically slow so Jake received a $29 b-b gun for his 6th birthday. As stated in a previous post Gracie struggled with this because she is 8 1/2. The up and coming dove hunt brought a funny situation to our house.
Gracie kept talking about her account. I kept agreeing with her, thinking that I would get an account open before an issue really needed to be made. On August 31, I was at work. Mike called and reported that Gracie had decided that she would simply need her birthday present early. She would absolutely need a b-b gun for the dove hunt, the next morning. Mike wanted to know what we were going to do. I asked him if he really planned on making her stick to the b-b gun being a birthday gift. He said he had no intentions of not getting her a gift on her birthday. I took the opportuninty and bailed myself out. I told Mike that either way he would be paying for it, and decided to tell Gracie we would close her account & she could buy her own b-b gun. Impressive hugh?
Anyway, that night we went to Big 5 and got her a darling pink Crossman 760. When we were driving, I heard her ask, "Jake, how did it feel the first time you held your b-b gun?" Then she giggled.
Here is a picture of the dove hunting group. Check out the take, 20.

This picture really cracks me up.
It looks like the dog is standing guard while the boys set up.
They really like the dove hunt.
Mike & Jeff are good to take the kids on this one.

3 comments:

emily ballard said...

Hurray for an updated blog! Maybe you should quit recreating so much so you have time to sit at your computer once in a while.

For the record, that picture makes me nervous.

I am one thousand percent confident in Mike and his gun safety skills. Not so much Jake. . .

emily ballard said...

And by recreating, I meant participating in recreation, as in playing. As in going on trips, taking your kids to the fair, and going to birthday parties, and other forms of recreation. Did I spell it wrong?

The White's said...

Im glad the gracie got a gun, she should of. Jake got one 2 year too soon for your rules and gracie was .5 years late. and for a dad that is so into his kids and doves, they both needed a gun, so im glad. o and be safe or your shoot your eyes out.