I wanted to pretend it was her birthday because her actual birthday is not until the end of August. School starts around the same time so I wanted to make sure we were not adding to the emotional stress. So now we are down one whole day. Last night she got a little tired & sad. She kept asking for her binkis back. I told her they were gone & tried to ignore her. When we were in the car she was really starting to get upset. I traded Gracie places & sat in the back with Gretch. When I wrapped my arm around her she asked, "Are you back here to make me happy? Cause, I am still not happy." Fair enough.
When we got home, I did her toes. She had been asking me to do them for three days & even though it was late what kind of a mom would turn down her girl on her birthday? After, we went to look for her blanket. "Corner" was in the washer. I held it up and she gave me a dirty look and said, "Well, I am still gonna make a scrubbie spot!" Again, fair enough. --for the record & to gross you out, a scrubbie spot it a twisted little end of her corner that she chews on, sticks up her nose & rubs her lips with. It is yucky, but very soothing to her.
I feel like a traitor making her give all these things up. I sucked my thumb while I was on my mission & I still have my blankets. Maybe that is why I have found myself in this sad little mess. I am a sucker for a blankie & a baby.
6 comments:
bud e was the only one i had binki issues with. at age 2 the binki fairy came to the house after we left his binki's on the door one night. in the morning was a cowboy hat and a holster with 2 guns the binki fairy left for payment for the baby binki's going to baby land. he never looked back. i love the balloon idea, and the birthday. you are fabulous! good luck tonight.
She is sooo cute! It is way hard to make them get rid of something when you know they love it so much. I know what you mean. By the way I LOVE Boston's sign, thank you so much, you are the best.
you are freaking hilarious!
I love the picture with the balloons. I want to know what happens now when we go swimming and she tells the girl at the front that she is four? I think you're brilliant for bumping her birthday up a month. Is she wondering why the rest of us didn't give her any presents?
I might be kind of sad to see Gretchen grow up. I kind of liked you having a baby too. . . And sorry to say, but I really am grossed out by Corner. I will be happy to see that one go :)
congratulations. i know this has been a long road with you and i feel like i am somewhat to blame. remember when i had lily and had all those extra binkies? i think i even gave her one. you are a great mom. what a great idea to turn it into a birthday party.
I love Gretsy, she's just my favorite little pouty four year old! The metaphorical letting go of the binkies is priceless, and especially that you let her be apart of saying goodbye to the binkies rather than just taking them away. Very smart. BTW, love the freakin glitter toes, I stop myself sometimes and just stare at my Dorothy Red Glitter toes. THANK YOU!
Post a Comment