Gracie's Baptism

What a wonderful day.  My sweet mother called early, she was comming to help.  I told her that we were in good shape & that I would be fine.  She was darling and insisted.  It was a good thing too because I had no idea how much I really needed to get done.  The most wonderful mother-in-law a girl could have {yep that is right, she only has 3 sons & I got one!} took the 2 youngest while I bustled around actually making progress while they were not around to make more messes.  Granny Sharon & Gracie frosted cookies & folded laundry.  Around 1 Granny took Gracie to her house to braid her hair and fix her skirt so it would not fall off those boney hips.  I made Mike lunch and he went & got the kids from Grandma Gloria. It was amazing, we were all dressed and ready without any contention and at the church early!  Yep, EaRly!!  Thank you to the grandma's who made it possible.  I was pleased to be emotionally stable until I started taking pictures of this grown-up little missy.Gracie was baptized with her cute friend Allie  Thorpe. We shared the program & Grandpa Bruce said the opening prayer. Gracie was baptized first and both of her Grandfathers were witnesses. Grandpa Bruce had practiced with her a few times before and she was delighted that he had taught her to stick her dress between her legs so it would not float up. She was so giggly. When she first stepped into the water she said it was warm. I was pleased that she had a pleasant experience. Daddy performed the baptism. He stepped on her toes & she plugged her noes. She was quite delighted that she only had to dunked once. She hurried into the dressing room & we dried her off and put on her darling brown suit. She looked too grown up but very cute. (side note:  I found two suits for Gracie last spring.  Each suit was $12 so I snatched them up.  While she was trying them on, she referred to herself as "President Ballard" She even did herself an introduction in the mirror of the dressing room) Both of the girls beat their fathers into the Relief Society room. Auntie Alyson sang a beautiful song about the 3 white dresses that you wear as you are blessed, baptized & married. My friend from work Amber Allen AKA Amberlicious, played for Aly. It was wonderful. Grandpa Richard gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and then the girls were confirmed. It was an especially neat time for Gracie because the Wiricks were here for this special day. Grandpa Great, Grandpa Bruce, Grandpa Richard, Daddy, Steve, Tyler, Tyson, Casey, JD, Cameron, Johnny and Dean were all there to stand in the circle. What a lucky girl to have all but one uncle there. Uncle Dave really wanted to be here.
We had a dinner at our house afterwords. It was very pleasant and I was able to be calm & enjoy our company. Gracie received many darling gifts from her supporters. Grandma & Grandpa Ballard gave her a journal & some baptism stationary, with a darling white bracelet to remind her to stay pure. Grandma & Grandma Hall gave Gracie a cute scripture bag. It was black with ribbons around it. On the inside it is lined with heart material to remind Gracie to love her scriptures & that she is very loved. Her Aunt Angela gave her a baptism book to document this event. Braylie, her friend, gave her a set of scripture pencils & a Symphony bar {She said it was so good, that it HAD to be Mrs. Cavanaugh's}
What a very special, very loved girl. Thank you so much to all of those who came and supported our family.

Gracie
I love you.  You are a very special friend to me.  I hope we will always be close.  It has been fun to watch you grow.  I was so impressed with you when you got straight to work on your "Faith In God" book. I am alway delighted to watch you make decisions that are right.  You are a good example to me.  I love that you enjoy keeping a journal & reading your scriptures.  I hope you will alway have that desire.  I want you to know that you are very loved and very blessed.  We may not have all of the temporal things that you wish for , but we can always have each other as we grow together in the gospel.  I pray that you will always remember the feeling that you felt as you were baptized & confirmed.  When you have doubt about the gospel, think back to this day, where the Spirit bore witness to you in your heart & mind.  The Spirit will again testify that the gospel of Jesus Christ is real & true.  Never be embarrassed to question your testimony.  These questions can help you build your testimony as you work to find answers and peace.  I know that to be true and I have experienced it myself.  I have a testimony, but it was not until I served my mission that I really questioned and then really received my answer.  I had a very spiritual experience and now I can say that I know that I know.  Always have faith and choose the right.  You are a good girl and a daughter of God. I love, love, love you!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

So Gracie did say something about getting baptized this Saturday. I told her to let you know I was a little disappointed I hadn't heard anything about it! Just kidding. Hope it was a fabulous and memorable day. :)

emily ballard said...

I think you have been playing too much or something. Please don't neglect your blogging duties. P.S. Do you still have a dog?

emily ballard said...

I am aware that not everyone gets to sit in bed and play on the computer all day like me, but honestly. It has been over two weeks!

emily ballard said...

And I am sorry for making all of these comments on a special post. I promise this is the last one.

Megan said...

What an awesome day. I am glad everything went so smoothly - such a huge thing to stress about. She looks so beautiful and all grown up it is crazy!