A Day FULL of Fun

This morning I went shopping with one of my best friends, Gracie.  I love shopping with her.  We went looking for a few items for Rachel's 6th birthday.  We just had to get a Webkinz.  Then the family met for lunch at Kirt's.  We ate, sang & watched Rachel unwrap her gifts.  We all headed up to Snow Basin for Rachel's sledding party.  
It was amazing.  It was expensive & it was worth it!  We ended up getting all-day passes for the 4 of us.  (We were smart enough to leave Gretchen with Emilee.  Thanks Emilee).  Grandma Gloria helped ease the sting of the price and that made it even more enjoyable.
I would have thought that Gracie would have 
outlasted Jake, but I was so wrong.
Yes, that is a doughnut in Jake's hand. He ate it while ridding up the lift. 
I just have to say that things run by men are so laid back. They let Jake eat his doughnut on the trail up and they let the men/boys throw snowballs too. 
It was laid back & pleasant. 
Mike loved racing his brothers and shooting for the guard fence at the top of the "break check" hill.  On the last run he went right through it!
Dave, Mike, Steve
Emily, Karen, Me (Angela), Leslie
In her defense, we are on a slant, Leslie isn't really that short.
For that matter, in real life (my reality) I am thinner too:)

Later that night we had a cousin party at Grandma & Grandpa's.  The Edward's came and it was fun to visit.  Grandma took the kids downstairs and played games so the adult cousins could hear themselves talk.

2 comments:

emily ballard said...

This is great. I should have just waited for you to document this fun day and then stolen the entire post from you!

Megan said...

Sounds like a fun day. You are right about things being more laid back when men run things. However, I also think sometimes things are overlooked or not as thought through. Meh. I think it is hilarious that the 'older' boys are all wearing camo!