This year, my Aunt Vurlia was in-charge of the Christmas party, and she did a bang up job. Instead of the regular Christmas meal we had hamburgers with homemade fries & onion rings. I know it was a lot of work, but it was delicious. This was the best of our several attempts at a cute picture with Santa.

This is Gracie's cute friend, Kambry. There are not really any cousins Gracie's age so Kambry joined us for the party. I had Gracie already for the party, when we took her home to change (she was still in her jammies from the birthday party) anywhoo, I was hilarious because she purposely wore the opposite of Gracie so they would "match" at the party. They were both quite tickled with the result.

Every year we play a white elephant game and this year they mixed it up just a hair. Usually, we all play, unwrap & negotiate gifts so that all of the kids are happy. This year, Jake was sure that our slingshots were the thing to get, he even had a plan. He told Gracie that he was going to walk around and say "do you want that?" until he got himself a slingshot. JD was teasing him, he told Jake that he had actually brought the best gift. When the game was over, Jake ended up with a slingshot & was very pleased with himself. JD came over popping off about his pocket knife. Immediately Jake had some negotiating to work out. He got that pocket knife from JD and was even more delighted with the outcome. In the end JD gave him the slingshot as well. On the way home from the party we laid down the rules for Jake & the knife. Sunday morning, he came upstairs with a small slice in his finger. He didn't cry about it & there wasn't much blood at all so I told him he had better give JD a call. He replied, "Okay, but I am not giving him his knife back!" He called JD and I heard him say, "No, She didn't take it away, I didn't aim it at nobody." Boys will be boys. We have had no further incidents with the knife... knock on wood....
No comments:
Post a Comment