This morning, Gracie ran downstairs & pulled the baggie out. She was beside herself that Jake was not upset that the the tooth fairy had not come (I previously disclosed that I was the mother of the year). I got Gracie off to school & started the repair. "Jake, I had to write the tooth fairy a note when Gracie lost her first tooth because I like to buy your first baby tooth. The tooth fairy only gives you a dollar, but I will buy it for $5. Maybe the tooth fairy thought that is what you were doing." Jake replied, "Mom, she didn't come cause my eyes were open all night!" Good enough. I asked him if he would like to take it to school & show his class & then we could try it again tonight. He thinks he will take the $5 and go to "that new IFA store"
I should quickly mention that Gracie thought that maybe Santa & the tooth fairy were friends, maybe Santa told the tooth fairy that Jake's eyes were open all night long, "you know, cause Santa knows when you are sleeping, he knows when your awake" She sang me that part. She cracks me up & I love that even when she hears the truth, she doesn't want to believe it. I love being the mom.
11 comments:
That's funny,I really like the part about grace thinking that santa and the tooth fairy were friends I am also think that is cool that jake lost his first tooth.
That is fabulous! I love the funny things kids say and I love blogging so that we can write them down to share! I can't believe how big Gracie is, she is still my little 4 year old "appleseed":)
What a funny story. I love that he was convinced it was HIS fault the tooh fairy didn't come and then confessed he had his eyes open all night. Hilarious!
Stories like that are what blogs are for. You are the mother of the year!
Tim and I both hate teeth. We can barely stand to touch the kids loose teeth, much less pull them out. The kids are pretty much on there own when it comes to teeth. Your kids are so cute and funny. We need to hang out!
Sara is jelous because she has had her 2 bottom teeth loose for a few weeks and nothing is happening. Isn't it funny when they get so excited about their teeth falling out? Your kids say the dang cutest stuff!
Wow teeth, pumpkins, dogs, beanies, hunting, family; not hunting family, but hunting and family.:) you guys have been busy. Fun busy it looks like though. Jake is a clone of Mike. I can't believe how much he looks like him. I love the fall!
Jake has GREAT eyes!
That is crazy that Jake already has a tooth gone. I cannot even stand it when my students have a loose tooth and have to show me. I don't know what I will do when I have kids. Maybe I will just have to have Jake come over to help my kids pull their teeth!!
I can't believe he's already lost a tooth! He's to young! I swear kids these days are growing up way to fast!
first off, could your dear sister addy invite me to her blog....i rather enjoy her and have yet to even see rio! btoyn@comcast.net Jake cracks me up, I love how much he loves dean. and 5 bucks, man the tooth fairy is very nice! he is so clever and love his quirky self...and his eyes are fabulous! so cute
Post a Comment