Craft Day





Carmel Apples are my weakness, but not my forte. Good news, they were Emily's idea. Tonight we made carmel apples with the kids. It was so successful, I may try it on my own, may. Gracie & Rachel unwrapped most of the caramels while Jake & Lucy went through sEVeRal magazines circling all of the things they desired. At one point I heard Lucy say, "Hey I want that & I want my hair to look like that too." She is so funny. The lifelong infant, Gretchen & her baby idol Adam, sat on the counter dipping & licking carrots. Each of the kids wrote their name on a popsicle stick for their apple. They helped Emily cover their apple in caramel and set them on the waxed paper. We added a few candies & sprinkles for decoration.
The attention span is so funny to see. Jake can't hardly stick around to see how any of the crafts turn out & Lucy seems to be interested, but gets sidetracked when something else comes up. Gracie & Rachel could craft right on through the night. While Emily was making dinner (I was going through some of those fantastic magazines) Gracie & Rachel started another craft on their own. They took pieces of paper & cut them into large triangles, they made straps to tie them around their necks & decorated them. It turns out they had made "cowgirl things" I laughed when I saw Gracie had colored hers with red & white boxes, she had made a gingham neckerchief or bandana. They had to put on cowgirl hats and everything.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

So fun! I love love the pictures and your description of the event. Thanks so much for posting them. It looks like you guys have so much fun! How great that both of your kids will grow up being great buddies with their cousins. I sort of feel like I was a part of craft day this week since I called during it:)

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

You guys always have such good ideas!! Looks like they were a hit!!

The White's said...

I love craft day. I wish I lived by you and Emile and then I could invite myself to your cousin craft days. Gracie looks cute in her pink hat.

Jen said...

I think it's great that you have a craft day with your kids. I'm sure they look forward to that every time. The apples look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Wow those apples did look good. Craft Day will be great cousin memories for them and also you.