The Greatest Show on Earth

Grandma Gloria took us all to the circus and it was truly the Greatest Show on Earth. It was so much fun to go with a big group & share the memories. Thanks so VERY much. Grandma sat right in the middle of all the kids. She loved watching all of their expressions & hearing them giggle. After the show we were in front of the Energy Solutions Center & I couldn't find Jake. Derrick had taken him & put him up here with John Stockton.
Miss Gretchen was quite pleased to sit between mom & dad so she didn't have to share her cotton candy. (I had to let her have it cause she is a girl after my own heart)
Surprise, surprise the Mike Ballard family made it to the show first! We got to the corner just in time to see everyone else cross the street. I probably should have taken a picture of that, because we were not even sure we would make it to the show before the show. The kids loved interacting with the circus staff. I couldn't get Jake & Gretchen to dress up but the girls had fun picking out some circus outfits. Gracie, Rachel & Lucy were able to go in the ring and be part of the juggling show.
Jake had just hit his elbow and apparently it hurt, but notice how he doesn't take his eyes off the entertainment. Granny bought all of the kids a snow cone in a collectable circus cup.
Mike and Grandma had a child on their shoulders pretty much the entire time we were at the pre-circus.
A few shots of the show.
I thought it would be fun to take a picture of Gracie with a clown nose & a clown. I guess the clown thought it would be more fun to take a picture of me with a clown nose.
Grandma took us to lunch at Thaifoon & it was so good.
I have only been there twice but each time with no less than 6 kids. They must have some kind of incense burning in there, because the kids are always amazing & they love the food. We took the kids to play in the fountains and they were so funny. I am quite lucky to be part of two families that I really enjoy. Thanks again grandma, we will never forget it!!

12 comments:

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

It looks like the circus was tons of fun! Maybe next year I'll take the girls...I wasn't sure if they would like it or not. But it looks like all the kids loved it!! I love the nose!

The Mrs said...

I remember going to the circus! I haven't been in ages! I think you should make that nose a permanent asset to your BEAUTIFUL face... You're darling :D

Anonymous said...

LUCKY!! Even though the circus can be quite expensive the pay off is great. I love the pictures, thank you for sharing the memory with me.

Megan said...

I SO wanted to go to the circus but didn't know if I could justify buying tickets for us seeing as how Annabell might not really enjoy it yet. Guess I was wrong. How fun that all the cousins got to go - Grandmas sure know how to spoil. Guess we will have to wait until next year!

Jen said...

You spoiled girl. Aren't you lucky!! That looked like so much fun. I miss our family so much. I'm tired of being away. Our kids are growing up way way way tooooo fast. I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

Poulsen Family said...

Oh man the circus was in town and I didn't even know. Dang it. I love the circus.

Blake and Jessica said...

I'm more jealous of the Thaiphoon than I am of the circus! We should go out as cousins, without having no less than 6 children with us and enjoy it more.

Anonymous said...

That looks like that was the best Saturday activity ever. How fun.
The kids looked so excited and you could just tell they were having so much fun. Angela you look great with that rosie nose. Great Blog

amity said...

your pictures are awesome!! looks like alot of fun. thanks so much for the amazing day today. it was so much fun to get out and play. thanks for being THE BEST FRIEND EVER!!!!!
p.s. i think you have an anonymous blog stalker. watch out!! :)

Rebecca said...

Ya I agree with annonymous, you do look great with a rosie nose:) and I love that expression on Lucy's face in the first pic! Once again...what would I do without your blog...do you think Em will ever start one? Maybe we should start one for her:)

Trisha said...

My kids thought it was silly to see you guys with those red nosed. What a fun time!

The Mrs said...

I'm going to need you to update this thing so I'm not commenting on one post twice. Sheesh. I think Bill is quite an upstanding individual actually haha... ok lets not even tease about it. Eww. And I told you your eyes glittle too its only for the three year olds though. So there.