Last Craft Tuesday September 30th

Sometimes "Craft Tuesday" comes without a plan. That is what happen this time. Emily & I were visiting & the kids were simply playing with cousins. I'm sure Neighbor Jeff didn't know what he was getting into when he asked Jake if he wanted to pick a few tomatoes for me. Jake was delighted & so was everyone else. All of the kids headed over to Jeff's. He had 5 kids in his 4 x 8 foot garden. Jeff is single & doesn't have any kids so he doesn't really need more than that, but also just enjoys gardening. I had to go over and monitor. Jeff was so good with them. They picked cherry tomatoes & dug for potatoes. Jeff taught them how potatoes grow & then let them each take a purple potato home. They were quite tickled with the experience & quite frankly so were Emily & I.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the post and what a good experience for them. Everyone needs to know how to pick potatoes. I am 34 and still do not know how to tell a potato plant from a weed. I remember (a long time ago) digging up the potato plants thinking that they were weeds.

amity said...

i love reading your blog. how was craft day today? sorry i commented on all of your posts, but you always comment on all of mine and i LOVE it. you are such an amazing friend to me. i love you.

Heather said...

Why do you only have one shoe on? You are so funny! I love to read your blog!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, where is your other shoe? I hope you tell Jeff he made the blog. And if he reads this, THANKS JEFF!