Texas Ranger


Jake turns 5 tomorrow. He has been very dedicated to being a cowboy for a good three years. This summer my mom & dad went to Texas to visit some friends. They went in to a little store and found a Texas Ranger badge and had his name stamped on it. For his birthday, Grandpa Bruce took him shopping. They were supposed to buy a cowboy hat... They came home with a cowboy hat, a measuring tape & a pair of leather chaps. Grandpa got snookered by his best side kick. He said next time Grandma Sharon would have to take him. Granny Sharon swore him in with the Texas Ranger oath & then pinned him an official Texas Ranger. He looked so proud. He went outside to show Grandpa & stopped to pose along the fence.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I love the story and the pics. I can tell right now that Jake would probably be able to 'snooker' me into things too. With that personality and those blue eyes he is gonna get far in life ;) I especially loved that Sharon gave him in oath first. Your family is a hoot. Happy Birthday Jake the cowboy!

Chelsie said...

I love your little cowboy and the pics with your parents. They are so cute. I love that Jakers has bruce wrapped around his little finger! Happy Birthday Jake

Emilee Keyes said...

I love your blog! I know that it is not always easy to keep up with these little moments but it will definetly be worth it 20 years from now. Thank you for sharing your life with us. I love watching your family grow up.

Brittany said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!!!! We are so excited for you on turning five. Giddy up Cowboy. We can't wait to see you guys again. :)