What's In Gretchen's Bed?

Well, let me tell you, it isn't Gretchen. Gretchy is very afraid of bugs & apparentally sharks. Who knew she was familiar with sharks. She has had some bad dreams & we have found her on several ocasions, shaking and screaming about bugs being in her bed. One night it was a shark.


Mike doesn't like sleeping with Miss Gretchen's feet or elbows in his back so he has made a point of having her sleep in her own bed. She still comes into our room but has found different nesting sites. The one is at the bottom of my bed, in all of my pillows & bedspread. The other, believe it or not, is under my dresser. I took both of these pictures in the middle of the night & had to turn on the lights to get good ones. She is so cute & it is hard for me to say no so she ends up back in our bed. Oh well, she is the baby.


Since this original post a deer (which is actually hanging on her wall) & a dragonfly have been added to the list of reasons Gretchen can't sleep.

8 comments:

Chelsie said...

ah poor grethen! I used to dream that there were snakes and spiders in my bed...and often ended up on the floor in my parents room also...maybe it's a youngest thing. You guys are always out doing fun stuff!! Hey while your sister in law was teaching you about photoshop, did she teach you how to save your pictures so that when you upload them to your blog you can click on them to make them bigger? If so please share....

Chelsie said...

sorry i missed the c...but grethen could be a new one...

Megan said...

So Chelsie should clarify that it was almost until the end of elementary school that she slept on the floor of my parents room...don't let Getchen be like Chelsie ;) we all know the problems she has from being the baby....mostly not doing her hair until she got into high school. Love ya Ove.

Anonymous said...

Hey your blogs are getting even more fun and amazing. Gloria has to like all this fun Ballard news.
Even though I am away I feel really connected. Love you Mom

Anonymous said...

add me to the list of people who really appreciate all the great ballard posts!

Anonymous said...

and the hilarious posts about gretchen and jake.

The Mrs said...

That picture of Gretchen beneath your dresser is priceless! Only you would think to get up and take pictures in the middle of the night for your blog... I would be cranky as sin!

Jen said...

So cute. I love that song by Billy...oh I forgot his name, but it says, let em be little and let em sleep in the middle they're only that way for a while.

So, good for her. You are right, she is the baby. I love that I get to read all about our favorite friends the Ballards!!