Jake and the pen

This is actually a picture of something Mike showed Jake for fun...I guess that is why we ended up in this mess.
I have never seen anything like this before, and I didn't get a picture. While I was away at a church meeting, Jake took a pen and covered his body with ink. The only limb that wasn't colored was the one holding the pen! The next morning was preschool, so I put him in the tub and used a little Thoro. I wiped off the pen and put him directly in the water, I stood him back up and washed him again with soap.
Now, I am not telling this because I am proud, or still think it was a good idea, but so I can tell how funny his reaction was.
I guess the dry winter skin was pretty sensitive & Jake is pretty dramatic. He went red and started crying out, "I need a doctor, I need a real doctor!" He then proceeds to bellow, "I am going to need an X-ray for sure!" It was so funny, I felt so bad. I called my mom at work and she said she was too busy to talk. I quickly recapped the mornings events and said he was burned. She told me to call the emergency room. Like I was going to do that! I filled him full of ibuprofen & rubbed aloe vera & burn cream. He went downstairs to put on some sweats (he likes any excuse to wear sweats) When he came back up he was feeling better and said he would be going to school. I thought we were in the clear so I said OK. A little later he came to me and said that at school he was going to show Miss Jill his burns! Thank goodness for the gospel. I quickly stated that our bodies are sacred & that we need to keep them covered!! GOOD SAVE.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Ha Ha Ha!!! Why didn't you tell me about this? I can just picture it all happening.