Jake went to work with Mike all day Friday. Mike said it cost him $6 in batteries for the leak detecting flash light Jake played with all day long. They went to the Training Table for lunch. Jake used the bathroom at each customer's house. He had a great day. They worked until about 6.
When they got home Jake showed me an old thermostat that they had picked up along the way. He was pretty excited that his dad was going to help him wire his bedroom lamp to the thermostat for a switch near his bed.
They worked on it for some time and I made cupcakes. I went down to take a look and boy was I shocked. I had no idea that all of the wiring was going to be mounted to the wall or that all the wiring was going to be outside the thermostat.
I asked why they didn't just move the lamp closer....
Mike said that Jake told him that was where the lamp had to stay.
I asked why couldn't all the wiring be in the thermostat....
Mike said that the thermostat was just being used as a switch.
I asked why didn't they just use a switch....
Mike said that wouldn't be as cool.
Mike is right and Jake is ecstatic.
Never mind the mess, it is worth the memory.

2 comments:
This is probably my favorite post ever. Its just so great. Using the bathroom at every house! Training Table! and then the switch. So awesome!
What a great dad!
Post a Comment