5 Big Fat Months

In 5 big fat months, this little guy turned into this big guy.
On 3/28/2014 He was 26 inches and weighed 13 lbs 12 oz.
 I adore watching him grow and change, I just wish it would slow down.
 I was busy getting everything done for the girls and I to leave for Arizona and just before I got in bed, I remembered that Max was 5 months old. I was going to wait to take his picture the next day but then he would be 5 months and 1 day and that just isn't the same. So I snuck into his room and took these pictures in the dark.
I may tuck that bear under his arm pretty often. I just think he looks so cute hugging it.
I am sure if I do it enough he will always need it, and then I might be sorry when it needs to be washed or it's arm falls off and I can't find one to replace it....
While we were in Arizona Max got a tooth. Granny Gloria was the one who told me. It was fun to share such a big milestone with Grandma. 
I kept thinking I was upset about something. While I was reviewing, I realized it was the tooth. It makes my heart hurt to know how fast it is growing. In fact the other night it was 1 o'clock in the morning. I was so tired and needed to go to bed. Max was talking and smiling. I cried a little because I know this time is short and sometimes I have to waste it sleeping.
The other day I called Mike and asked him how the morning went with Max. He told me they slept in. I  was surprised that the baby had gone back to bed after the rest of us had left. Mike told me it didn't go down that easy. He put Max in our bed and he wiggled and wiggled until he was over by his daddy. Then he rolled over right up on daddy's arm and went to sleep. We think Max should have been a twin.
He like to have company. When he is crying and you pick him up he doesn't even breath deep, all signs of crying or distress are gone. 
He doesn't mind if you aren't even visiting with him. It is enough to just know he is on your lap.
He likes to eat cereal, but has to wash each bite down with a little swig of formula.
Whenever I get up with him he is in the corner of the crib with one arm hanging down the side between the bars. If it is in the middle of the night and I just give him back his binky he tucks his feet under him and then bucks them out a couple of times to get comfortable.
He looks around to hear Mom and Daddy's voices. He works very hard to reach his toys. 
He can grab and hold, but not for very long. His spitting seems to have gotten worse if that is possible. The doctor said that it usually peaks around 4 months...
He sat in the Bumbo the other day for over an hour. I did homework with Gretchen and he supervised. As Max gets older the big kids are more helpful. I think they understand his needs a little better and enjoy the interaction.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Holding him was so satisfying! Thanks for coming to visit us while he was still an infant (as Gretchen and I discussed). I think of those squeezes, the smiles, the smell, the giggles, and the love often!

He will be over a year when we see him again.

My kids slept like that too, isn't it sweet.

Laurel said...

He is precious, congratulations! I didn't even know you had a baby until I talked to Amity last. He is so cute!