Christmas Morning

This year I made a horrible mistake. I told the kids they could get up at 6. We have never let them get up before 7. I just wasn't thinking clearly. I have no idea how I got that confused, but having a baby and making an error like that could lead to disaster.
Mike put up the crape paper this year. I think I will let him do that every year. He did a great job. My only complaint is that crape paper isn't sound proof. If it had been a door or a sheet of plastic we could have slept in ;) The kids were belting out Christmas songs. Actually it was pretty cute.
Jake got almost the entire Lego Coast Guard set. The rocking chair has speakers that can be hooked into almost any electronic. Jake likes to use it as a stereo. I like to yell "Turn that DOWN!" He also got a Monster Minkey blanket, a set of Sharpies, a Duncan Yo yo and a Japanese Kendama. He was very happy and put all the Lego sets together before breakfast.

Miss Gretchen has been asking for Speed Stacks since the school had a fundraiser. Grandma Sharon was doing practical family gifts this year and Gretchen decided that she didn't need anything practical so she could get a Fun Loom. She got a coat from Grandma Sharon and a Fun Loom from Santa. She also got this ridiculous zebra beanbag chair, a Monster Minkey blanket, a set of Sharpies, a DARK purple Kendama (not as impressive as a light purple Kendama), and a Marker Maker. FYI, the Marker Maker was surprisingly easy and enjoyable to use. She used it in between "looming breaks".
Lady Gracie didn't even have a say in her Christmas. The entire thing was a surprise. She was please with her skis and boots. Good thing Emily took her skiing the day after Christmas. You don't get several things when you are an expensive teen but I am confident that she was happy with her Christmas as well.

Mike and I exchanged a small gift because our big gift came in November and cost quite a bit. Our Max is worth every penny. I gave Mike Beard Balm and he gave me windshield wipers (an inside joke)
Max got 3 bottles. He really enjoyed them!!

After about 30 min, Mike went back to bed. After an hour, I put Max down and went back to bed too. At 9, family came for breakfast. It was a pleasant morning. After breakfast Mike went duck hunting and  Max and I went for a recovery nap.
And then at the end of the day, when you are out of Christmas Cheer, your momma sticks you in a warm bath and you suck on her thumb until you feel better.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Fun to see all the things Ii heard about! Looks like a great Christmas. Your house looks different. Have you painted since I was home? The kitchen has a new look too.