Gracie

When I see my Gracie, I see a tall slender beauty that radiates. Gracie is an inspiration to me. She is not easily discouraged and she works hard for the things she wants. She chooses good and is self-motivated. Gracie has so much potential. She can do anything she sets her mind to. She loves to try new things and doesn’t seem to get too embarrassed when she doesn’t succeed on the first try. Her body and mind work well together and I would say most things she tries she is naturally good at. Gracie is not afraid of hard work. If she wants something, she makes it happen. I love it when she set goals. She is a good helper in our home and once she starts she doesn’t complain.


Gracie is an artist and loves to create and draw. Gracie can write great poems and even songs. She likes to keep them private, but when she does let me read them I am always amazed. She has a beautiful voice and enjoys singing.

She likes dressing like a lady as much as playing sports. I am so proud of her for sticking to softball. She just made the team as a 7th grader. She loves to be active and enjoys a variety of activities. She likes to be with family and friends, but especially likes to go hunting and fishing with her dad.

Gracie is excellent with kids. She is a normal teen with her brother and sister, but it is fun to see them interact with each other. When they forget they are related, they really enjoy hanging out and discussing all kinds of topics. Her brother and sister really look up to her. Jake wants to make sure that he is at least as good as she is at everything they do. Gretchen watches and imitates several of the characteristic she admires in Gracie.

In the last year she has become very silly but is still enjoyable to be around. She is fun to visit with and sometimes I forget she is my daughter and not just a friend. She will get to visiting and then I forget she needs to go to bed. Gracie doesn’t like to stop. She likes to go, go, go. She gets that from her momma. It is hard for her to relax and settle down to sleep at night.

She takes pride in the things she is able to accomplish but doesn’t mind a messy bedroom. Her backpack is the same. It surprises me what she can accomplish with what seems to be so unorganized.

Gracie, I am so proud to call you my daughter. You are a good girl and a joy to have in our family!

Love,

Momma

I had to include this calendar because it is classic Gracie. She makes a calendar each month. She draws a picture of the outfit she is going to wear and then documents a plan for her hair. She may even schedule her showers....
Don't worry, since she has practice every night she showers every night ;)


3 comments:

Gloria said...

What a beautiful letter Gracie. You need to treasure this. What a great Mom you have.

Fox said...

I love that pic of her so pretty. I can't believe how much she is growing up. I love the calender, that is a great way not to repeat outfits too much. I like her love a calender!

emily ballard said...

What a nice post. . . I love the calendar too. I need to finish uploading wedding pics to SmugHub so I can share them with you.