A Beneficial Hobby

 Mike's friend, Blake Gibson, got a new fishing boat. They have gone fishing a few times. I always ask Mike to bring fish home, but he usually does catch and release. When they fished Flaming Gorge, they brought home salmon and burbot. We baked some salmon fillets and then even some whole fish. We haven't tried the burbot yet but it is supposed to be the lobster of the sea and I love lobster. The salmon was excellent both times. Today we cooked up some walleye from Friday night's  trip. It is a very mild fish and while it was good, I was disappointed. It did look pretty next to the asparagus though. I like that Mike hunts and I even like a little bird meat, but I enjoy the fish a lot more, plus look at that smile.

3 comments:

sharon said...

That really does look good. I'm glad your family can enjoy his hobby. Love Mom

Fox said...

O I would like to go, you know Mike taught me to gut a fish. Your salmon dinner really was amaing the other day!

Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.