I ran a relay in the Ogden Marathon with Team Ballard. I did the 3rd leg @ 5.10 miles and it was harder than I thought cause Lindsey tricked me into running the hill (actually I agreed cause I tricked her into running it too). I should have trained more but I am happy to say I accomplished what I intended to do. Emily was great and ended up running my leg with me. She put the whole team together and never said anything negative about how out of our/my league she was. There was some great energy and Ogden did an amazing job. I think I will do it again, but train more.
Gracie has a goal to run a marathon in Australia when she is 21.
I think it would be awesome if I could help her accomplish that.
I'm so crazy fast Emily couldn't even get a clear picture of me.
I'm so crazy fast Emily couldn't even get a clear picture of me.
Our Relay Team
(Leslie Ballard, Lindsey Fox, Emily Ballard, Paul Malouf & Me)
|
Addy ran too. It was fun to be there together. JD's wife Catherine, ran the 1/2 eight months pregnant. She is really dedicated... maybe she will run with Gracie in Australia....
These kids ran the 1k which was pretty impressive for Gracie and Gretchen considering they had spent Wednesday, Thursday & Friday throwing up. I picked up their packets and told them they couldn't run but they woke up early, got ready and made Mike bring them to the race. Gracie & Gretchen really enjoyed it, but Jake is not interested in running again.... well maybe, the whistle was pretty cool.
Sonora Grill was a sponsor so Steve got us into the VIP tent with good food,
soda and the best view of the finish line.
|



2 comments:
Congratulations....I should join next year! I feel so lazy with everyone participating.
Way to go!! I wish I would have seen you there so I could have cheered you on! I actually met Emily's sister or someone like that, lol, from Colorado. SHe sat next to me on the bus up to the start. She was super nice.
Post a Comment