Today, yesterday and last Tuesday Jake called home sick. Last Tuesday it was no big deal because there was only about 20 min of school left. I made him stay home from school and wouldn't let him play with his friend.
On Monday he called and Mike and said he felt like throwing up. Mike told him to tough it out and call us if he did throw up. Mike was working and I was getting a root canal. So he threw up an called us.
Then he was fine, played outside, did homework and went to school the next day. On Tuesday he called again and said he had thrown-up and needed to come home. I was not sure what was happening but I pull an Alda Lee/ Grandma Great on him (If you came home or stayed home sick she made you stay in bed and then made you do the same thing the next day, even if you "felt better").
I picked him up from school. I took him straight to the store. We bought applesauce, crackers and Sprite. Then I brought him home and sent him straight to bed. I took away the toys, the Legos and the DSi, you don't want to get germs on all the toys. He was crazy bored.
I had to keep reminding him that a really, really sick boy would need a lot of rest. Then I made him lay by me for 2 hours (so I could make sure he was "resting"). He was miserable. He wanted a snack so I got him some crackers and Sprite. He was excited for dinner, but while we ate, he had applesauce. If you are going to throw up, you need to be very careful with what you eat. Then he wanted to bathe.
I know this boy likes to soak and play in the tub so I told him that he could not, the hot water would make his tummy more sensitive. He is a quick thinker so he told me that if he was so germy, he would need to wash the germs off. He had a good point. I had to think quick. I said that it would be a waste to wash off the germs and then get back in the germy, sick boy bed for the rest of the night. I assured him that if he didn't puke again, he could bathe in the morning.
I held strong for most of the night. Around 7:30 he snuck the Legos back into his room. I simply pretended that I was unaware for 2 reasons, I was sick of listening to him whine from his room & I was sure he was out of his mind bored. I think it worked, because the other day Gretchen was talking about "when he was sick" and he commented, "Yeah, that was not worth it"
I opened Jake's back pack to put his homework inside. I found this:
19 tennis balls, one blue squeeze ball and a chain. I guess that is all a boy really needs. You pack the important stuff and your mom will make sure your homework gets in there too.




4 comments:
Bwahahaha. I love it, "Ya. It wasn't worth it.' And all those balls? How did he even get so many? Has he been collecting all school year? Too funny!
That is way funny. I'm glad you pulled a grandma hall on him, that was clever.
Way to go Angela. Glad you have a son though. Aren't they funny Love mom
Well I think he should be glad he got sprite!
19, wow what would he do with 19 balls?
Post a Comment