Family Night








         























Tonight Gretchen gave our family night lesson.  She was so excited that she had planned it all herself. It was all about "things that are good" and "things that are bad". She had questions on the back side of the white board. She would read a question and then she would ask, "does that make a good choice or a bad choice? Does that make Heavenly Father happy?" Then when she ran out of questions, we would raise our hand and she would call on us. Then we would have to ask a question. Then if you knew the answer you would raise your hand and she would call on you to answer. If you had the right answer, you would write it on the board. Mike didn't get very many turns and he was not impressed. In the picture she was showing us her ~little craft~ for the kids. I love this shot because it is classic Gretchen. {Do you see her explanation/this is serious face} This was a "church shaped" chart that if you made a good choice you would put a smiley face on and if you made a bad "dechission", you would have to draw a frowny face. She also informed us that if they filled up the chart they would get a candy bar...
Here is what the boy does during family night.

3 comments:

Fox said...

I remember a couple of the actual family nights lessons but mostly I remember dad ALWAYS telling me to "sit up". I must have been like Jake.

Emilee Keyes said...

So I am curious about the candy bar? How does a 6 (or is she seven) year old acquire enough candy bars for her family? I know that I would have not been willing to share.

sharon said...

The facial expressions was the best. So glad you are having family night Love Mom