A Surprise Birthday Party

Addy turned 28 on the 28th! Cameron invited our entire family to meet him & Addy at the Maverick Center to watch the Utah Grizzlies play hockey. After the game we stayed and went ice-skating on the rink. It was a lot of fun and Addy really enjoyed the surprise!
This last picture is of Addy & Cameron leaving the party early, something about responsibility, it getting late & picking up their kids. So I went ahead and documented that.

Everyone was so cute to help me with my kids. Mike was at the Klondike. Emilee & Johnny had Gretchen most of the night. She tricked Emilee into buying her a $6 snow-cone and then asked her several times, "How much longer before we can skate?"
Gretchen bounced up and down most of the time. It wouldn't have been a problem except that her hat was fuzzy. I pulled 3 fuzz-balls out of my eye and I only had her for a total of 15 minutes.

It only took me a 1/2 hour to get 4 pairs of skates laced. I got 6 blisters & they skated for about 40 minutes.
I would still say it was worth it!!

Dean is a world class skater. He showed us several amazing tricks. The thing that most impressed me however, was when he and Lindsey took each of my kids around the rink -fast-

1 comment:

emilee said...

Oh, I wished that I would have felt better. Looks like a missed a good time (again). I am glad you stayed Gretchen was really looking forward to her turn! (you are a good mom to stay out past 11:00 p.m. to make memories.