Ten Years Ago Today...

...this little beauty was laid in my arms.


Now this little beauty is quite a little lady.

Gracie,
We love having you in our family. You are an amazing helper. You are very witty & quite sassy. Watching you grow up is both delightful & sad. I enjoy spending time with you, especially one-on-one.
This is the first year that you have struggled with your birthday being so close to Christmas. I think it is a tricky birthday (10) because you are battling between being a little girl wanting toys & being a preteen, wanting clothing and more expensive "grown-up" things. It was so fun that you wanted a guitar. I have really enjoyed reading the songs that you have been writing. You are very talented.
We love you. Happy Birthday!

After your party at Granny Sharon's, you and Jake talked more about your band. When we got home he beat out a rhythm and you strummed along. Within 10 minutes, you had quit the band. You came up to get a lesson or 2 off You Tube. 5 minutes into that, you decide that wasn't working. Hopefully we can get you some lessons and you can reunite the band, it is killing Jake & Gretchen really wants to be the singer.

10 comments:

Fox said...

I like the homemade stocking craft on the tree, it proves your a good mom. I would like some details however of how the party went and what her reaction was, did she love it?

emily ballard said...

Happy Birthday, Gracie!

I didn't know she was getting a guitar! Maybe we should hook her up with our new 10-year old neighbor boy. . . he plays the guitar :)

Can't wait to hear the band.

i'm h.mac said...

this is what our grayce is getting for christmas! my brother just started teaching lessons if you are interested, here is the link:
http://www.wix.com/vaughnmcfarlane/guitar-lessons
your talk was wonderful yesterday!

AngelaW said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! Cant wait to see you so that we can do your b-day craft.

The White's said...

Well your tree looks great and Gracie looks the BEST, she is such a kind girl and I love her too!!

Discovery Preschool said...

she looks so grown up.. and she is so pretty!! I love that she wanted a guitar.. we will come to all of her concerts!!

Breanne said...

Love this post...Your tree is awesome!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to Gracie. I love her hair, by the way, and the tree, the wrapping paper on the presents,...

Gracie said...

this my favorite post ever!!!!

gracie is amazing you should really look into giving her those
guitar lessons Heidi offered she really wants them also she wants
more DSI games (cooking mamma,everything game (like adam's) & any others)

thanks
love,
Gracie

Gracie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.