Gracie told me she wished we had a cool backyard like Grams. I told her we did (I quite like my back yard. It is almost always shady, our neighbors keep to themselves, we have a big tree & our dogs have their own yard so ours is clean.) She then wished we had a swing set like Grandma Great.
Gracie: That would be fun, we could sell our swing set and get one like Grandma Great's.
Me: No one would buy our swing set. It is old and rusty.
Gracie: Mom, when was the last time you looked at our swing set. It is not all rusty!
Me: Well, the swings are and the slide is broken. (That sounds bad, but it is safe and in good enough shape, just not selling shape.)
Jake: And we zip –tied that on!
Gracie: Well the slide is probably only worth $10, but we could sell it all for $250.
Me: The swing set, new, only cost $214. Why would anyone pay $250?
Gracie: Oh Mother, you don’t know how to sell things. You get a sign. You put “Regular Price $250. Today ONLY $150".
Are you interested in buying our swing set? --Today ONLY--


3 comments:
I did not need to buy a swing set for $150.00, so I postponed my comment until today to avoid anyone getting their hopes up. I should put her in charge of selling some of my things.
(an after thought - she may be one of those who gets caught up in a "sale" - teach her discipline now ; )
O man your daughter is to smart about making a sale.
Your neighbors keep to themselves, but what about their nieces? You can delete this comment if you think there is a remote comment that they would ever read your blog.
P.S. I like your backyard a lot. So do my kids.
Post a Comment